Compromised in the morning and within 3 hours ST employees got relief again
ST employees rejected the union’s decision, reversed the situation
Gandhinagar, Dt. September 21, 2022, Wednesday
The ST Corporation employees’ agitation ended this morning and it was considered the beginning of the success of the government in breaking the cycle of agitation. However, the ST employees rejected the union’s decision and the situation was reversed in just 3 hours.
State Transport Minister Purnesh Modi and ST Corporation employees held a meeting at midnight in which the outstanding issues of ST Corporation employees were resolved. In the meeting, 25 demands including their grade pay, dearness allowance were discussed with various unions of ST Corporation and all the issues were resolved in the meeting which lasted for about 7 hours.
Read more: The victory of the ST employees of Gujarat, the agitation ended
Purnesh Modi assured a significant increase in the allowances to the GRTC employees of the state government. Also, keeping in view the representations of the employees of the ST Corporation under the guidance of the Chief Minister, holding a meeting with the office bearers of the three recognized unions, with the consensus of all, found a positive solution to the demands. An important decision of salary hike was announced.
Know about ST Corporation employee demand
1. Demand for 34% DA for ST employees like all state employees
2. Class IV employees who have not received bonus for the last 2 years, want to give it immediately
3. Demand for 1900 grade pay to the driver and operator
4. Ask fixed wage employees to pay 19,950 more instead of 16,500
5. Rent allowance not increased in last 25 years, demand for immediate increase
6. Demand for providing employment to the heirs of an employee who died in service before 2011
7. Cash payment of leave salary
8. Payment of Leave Salary to Retired Employees
9. Request to arrange separate rest room for women employees of the corporation
10. Anti Labor Circular 20/77. demand to repeal
Know what is advertised
– Increase in salary of fixed wage employees by up to Rs 2,000
– Grade-pay of the driver and conductor and payment dues due dt. Due by 01 October 2022
– 11% Dearness Allowance was paid in September-2022 to the employees of the Corporation and in October 2022, while the remaining 3% Dearness Allowance effected is to be released from 01 February 2023. Thus, it has been decided to pay the arrears of 11% Dearness Allowance in the second third installment.
It was also decided to make significant improvements in the special allowances, special pay, night shift allowance, cash allowance, washing allowance, boot allowance, line allowance, night stay allowance, out stay allowance and proper allowance given to the employees.
In addition, it was decided to pay overtime to the employees of the Corporation taking into account the notional increments and revised grade pay as per the Sixth Pay Commission. For the year 2021-22, it was decided to pay the eligibility leave in cash and to pay the retired employees by 24 October 2022. It was decided to abolish the category of Driver-cum-Conductor and include him in the rank of Driver or Conductor as per his choice. It was decided to pay the ex-gratia amount for the year 2020-21 and resolve these issues by publishing a new helpline number at the corporation level.
The decision that ended the morning movement included the following amendments: